This Page

has been moved to new address

Elegant New Year's Eve Table Setting: Welcome to the 175th Tablescape Thursday!
Between Naps on the Porch: Elegant New Year's Eve Table Setting: Welcome to the 175th Tablescape Thursday!

Between Naps on the Porch

Between Naps on the Porch is a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on Decorating, Tablescaping, Before and Afters, Thrify Finds, and Gardening.

Jan 4, 2012

Elegant New Year's Eve Table Setting: Welcome to the 175th Tablescape Thursday!

Can you believe this is our 175th Tablescape Thursday?  Wow!  That's a lot of fabulous tablescapes when you consider how many are linked here each week.  Thank you, thank you, thank you to all you talented ladies and gents who share your amazing eye for detail and beauty.  It's so wonderful to visit your blogs.  The world just melts away for a while as I lose myself in the wonderful table settings you create.

My friend, Bonnie, graciously shared the table she created for her New Year's Eve celebration with friends.  I fell in love with it the minute I saw it.   I have this thing for clocks so this table setting is one of my faves.  The chandelier got a touch of whimsy or should I say, it's "chimerical."   (See the earlier post today.)  Do you see the pocket watch draped above?



What a festive way to welcome in 2012!  Love the black, gold and cream color scheme.




Clock salad plates are from Pottery Barn, last year.  Love these!



What a great idea...using a bow tie as a napkin holder.  Perfect for a New Year's Eve celebration.



Bonnie used masks as well.  Fun!



I'd love a set of these clock-face plates but a quick check on eBay produced nada.  Waaaaa.



The vintage look of the clock plates goes so well with the centerpiece.  (Pssst: Sharlotte at Sharlotte's Reflections made her own vintage clock-face plates since she wasn't able to find the PB plates.  Click on her blog name to visit and see how she did it.)



Bonnie, thanks so much for sharing this wonderful table!  What a grand way to kick off the new year!



Resources:
Dinner plates - Butler's Pantry
Clock Salad plates - Pottery Barn, last year
Glasses, placemats - Target
Linens, Chargers & Flatware - Marshall's
Napkin rings; Bow ties for the gents, Masks for the Gals - Avery's, many years ago

Looking forward to all the wonderful tablescapes linked for this Tablescape Thursday!

To receive the latest posts, as well as updates about blog parties, subscribe via an RSS Reader or have BNOTP delivered right to your Inbox.  You'll find links to subscribe via RSS and e-mail on the sidebar to the right.  Thanks for reading; so glad you are here!

Reading this post via e-mail or RSS feed?
*If you are reading this via email or RSS feed, to view all the tablescapes linked for Tablescape Thursday, click HERE.

Please Read:
If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar, into the "url" box when you link up.

You'll need to include a link in your post back to the party in order to link up and participate.  That's so visitors to your blog will be able to find the party and  the other Tablescape Thursday participants.

If you would like to use the Tablescape Thursday logo button in your post, just copy and paste it to your computer and upload it to your post as you would any photo. Or, grab the html code you'll find under the "Parties" heading at the top of this blog.

Please, don't add your post name/blog name ALL IN CAPS...it tends to create big spaces between the rows of links. Thanks!

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course.



Welcome! Thanks for coming to the party!

Labels: , ,

53 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger Susan Freeman said...

What a fabulous New Year's Eve tablescape. I may just have to copy it for next year. Happy New Year Susan and thanks for hosting!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger Anita Diaz said...

What a lovely table for the New Year!! Thanks for hosting and Happy New Year to you!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger Sarah said...

Susan, thanks for sharing Bonnie's beautiful New Year's Eve table. Fun plates and clever details.
Thanks for hosting this great party each week. Happy New Year! ~ Sarah

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger xinex said...

What a beauriful, fun and whimsical tablescape. It looks so festive, just a perfect table to greet the New Year!...Christine

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger Kathleen said...

I have been waiting for those plates to come to the outlet, but they haven't. They do have lots of the 12 days plates marked down though!
Fun table!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger pamlovesbooks said...

I LOVE everything about the tablescape except the black glasses.

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Bonnie did a great job. Those clock plates are really great!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

Bonnie's table is great! I love how she used the masks and bow ties for napkin rings; what a cute idea! I also really like the black champagne glasses. The colors Bonnie used in her clock theme table are lovely. I bet they had a fun time at this table!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

Just Beautiful!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger FABBY'S LIVING said...

Great, elegant and whimsy tablescape! I love the clock plates specially, that is different and all the decor is terrific! Thank you for sharing and hosting Susan.
FABBY

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Happy New Year, Susan! What a spectacular table to ring in the new year! Bonnie did a great job! Thanks for sharing; and thanks for hosting this great party each week! Glad to link up!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger The Tablescaper said...

Great table! Your friend did a spectacular job. I love the clock plates. So fun.

- The Tablescaper

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger Marlis said...

Guess we will both be looking for these plates.. they are perfect. The table looks so wonderful to welcome in the New Year. Thank you Susan for hosting this lovely party every week. You single-handedly bring womens from across the globe together to celebrate each week. Thank you and may all your dreams come true in 2012.. xo marlis

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger Erin @ House on Hope said...

Absolutely. Stunning. I love the regal black and gold (not just because I'm a Steeler's fan) and especially the PB clock plates. I am headed out online to see if I can find a set or 2!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Bonnie, as we all know has enough dishes to host a party every night:):) LOVE the clock face plates, I'd like some too! Thanks to her for allowing you to share and thanks to you for hosting. I am still putting Christmas away so I didn't get a table done this week:( XO, Pinky

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Anonymous hong kong property said...

really lovely.
the champagne glass looks really awesome!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Anonymous handmade gifts said...

Great ideas for New Year table! I love it. Happy New Year!!!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Anonymous Betty819 said...

Oh my, is this unique! But Bonnie always comes up with some great stuff. You and Bonnie could write a great book on your beautiful tablescapes..HINT! HINT!

Love the table linens..the colors are so rich looking..What a great idea to use bow ties and glittered mask for napkin holders! Who would have ever thought of that?

Please Thank Bonnie from all of us fans!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger Liz@A Dish Here, A Glass There said...

Oh wow, I love this! I like the dangling ribbons they make it so festive! The clocks are such a cute addition and those plates are awesome! Those neck ties and masks are the cutest napkin rings!! Awesome job!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2012 , Blogger Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE IT! She did a fabulous job- absolutely amazing!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Dwell on Joy said...

It's beautiful!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea. It all looks so good.

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Stunning, Susan! I love the streamers and those clock plates are wonderful! Perfect for the occasion!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

What a gorgeous table! I'm especially loving the clock theme!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Flavia Galasso said...

the clock as centerpiece is a wonderful idea...have a great happy new year, hugs, Flavia

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger DIYbyDesign said...

Those plates are so awesome. I don't even remember seeing them last year. Perfect for New Year's Eve.

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Betty said...

It looks beautiful. I too may copy that next year for ours.

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Miss Merry said...

One of my all time favorite tablescapes. My grandfather was a jeweler and watch repairer. I have inherited all his school boxes from watchmaking school and also my grandmother's and mother's collection of antique clocks and watches. Although my mother did lend part of her collection to a library once for a New Year's display, I never thought of a tablescape - and this one is SUPER! She would have loved a collection of the watch face plates. Thank you so much for sharing this special table.

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger CJ Foss said...

Fabulous New Year's design. I always think of black and silver, but now am inspired to do a table in black and gold. Clock plate envy; I'll check out the site on how to make my own. Thanks for hosting! ~CJ

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Tricia said...

What a fun setting! The chandelier decorations really make the table special, and those clock plates are adorable!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger h. m. settoon said...

what a clever idea and how perfectly executed!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a fun table Bonnie did! I love the clock plates and the masks and bow ties she used as napkin holders. Great idea with the clock in the center! The ribbon hangs just perfectly to give that celebratory feeling.

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Curtains in My Tree said...

I really like those plates with the clock face never have seen those around
You always have a great table

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger The Decorative Dreamer said...

I love Bonnies tablescape! The clocks used for New Years are perfect and those clock plates are one adorable find! How fun!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger One More Time Events said...

Love the plates...actually the whole thing...AMAZING!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger  Nann said...

Love Love Love the tablescape. How creative is that!!! Its beautiful! Am going to Sharlottes Reflections to see how she made her plates. They are just darling!And I want to make some too.

Thanks for hosting Susan. I love participating. Being such a new blogger it has helped me to get established. You are one in a million and I so appreciate you!

Nann

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Thanks, Nann! ♥♥♥

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Bonnie said...

I so appreciate you sharing my table with your wonderful readers, Susan! Thank you all for your kind comments. Wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!
♥B

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your tablescape and decided right now that I'm planning a late supper for New Year's Eve 2012!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Beautiful inspiration Susan...The plates are so sweet. This table is a wow table. I hope you take a moment to stop by. I don't think you have even stopped in my blog. Happy New Year!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A sua criatividade em decoração é inspiradora! A sua mesa está linda Susan.Um feliz 2012 para você.

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have a crown that had too many holes for my taste and I filled them with fake stones.

Annie v.

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a beautiful table setting. I just love the Pottery Barn plates. The room, the table and the decorated chandelier are stunning!

Love your blog so much that I placed your "button" on mine so that my readers can stop by and visit!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Shirley, thanks so much! Appreciate that...so nice of you to do that. :)!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Envoy-ette said...

Bonnie did a FANTASTIC table! Love the pocket watch, the ribbons and the bow-tie was the PERFECT touch!
Thanks Susan for continuing this wonderful blogging opportunity!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! OH, my goodness! Bonnie's table is fabulous! One of the most festive I've seen. Can you not convince her to start a blog?
Happy New Year!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

perfectly gorgeous ! Happy 2012

- KAT -

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

What a razzle dazzle NYE table!
Thank you for hosting!
Kerry at HouseTalkN

 
At Friday, January 06, 2012 , Blogger A Cottage in the Clouds said...

So festive and original! Love it.

 
At Friday, January 06, 2012 , Blogger Karena said...

Susan what a great theme for new Years, I love it!! I wish Pottery barn still had those plates!

Wishing You and Yours all the Best in 2012!

I hope you will enter my Giveaway from Serena & Lily.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

 
At Friday, January 06, 2012 , Blogger Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

....and here I come...late to the party. What a glorious tablescape, I'm just in awe.

I love the clock centerpiece idea. So unique!

God bless and have yourself a wonderful 2012 sweetie!!! :o)

 
At Friday, January 06, 2012 , Blogger Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

How festive and clever your table is! I love those clock plates! Just at PB today and they are having more great sales! I am sure your guest had a wonderful NYE celebration and how could they not...that table setting rocks!
Happy New Year!!!

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2012 , Blogger OneTwoTwo Designs & Co. said...

*tear* I just saw those "clock" plates on an episode of How I Met Your Mother and since then I have been going crazy looking for them, and once again on a search I am bought back to your site. I will now be stalking Pottery Barn for those plates

 

Post a Comment

Have BNOTP delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. BNOTP is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are snarky, mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to BNOTP's much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Between Naps on the Porch!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home